The Town of Springfield's Spring Burn Permit is in effect from April 1, 2022 to May 31, 2022 at sundown.
The Town of Springfield Fall Burn Permit is in effect from November 24, 2021 to December 31, 2021.
- Residents must call the Baca County Sheriff's Office before burning. 719/523-6677
- Burning is to take place only during the daytime hours (sunrise to sunset)
- Burning is for the clearing of leaves, grass, weeds or other plant materials
- Fires are to be attended at all times
- Burn in a manner to prevent a fire hazard
- Fires and embers must be extinguished prior to sunset.
Please be cautious and courteous of your neighbors and community while burning.
Take care and caution when attending to the burning of your plant materials.
NO Burning on Red Flag Warning days.
GENERAL BURNING PERMIT Chapter 7, Article III, Section 7-40(3) of the Town of Springfield Municipal Code provides for the following: This publication is a general permit for persons inside the city limits of the Town of Springfield to burn the following for the purpose of clearing and accumulation of leaves, grass, weeds or other plant materials. Such burning shall be done in a manner so as not to present a fire hazard. THIS GENERAL PERMIT ALLOWS BURNING OF THE ABOVE DESCRIBED ITEMS from APRIL 1, 2022 UNTIL SUNDOWN MAY 31, 2022. Burning of the above-described items is permitted during the daytime only and fires must be extinguished prior to sunset. NO BURNING OF ANY OTHER TYPES OF MATERIALS THAN IS LISTED ABOVE IS ALLOWED UNDER THIS GENERAL PERMIT. Fires should be attended at all times and kept under control. Please call the Baca County Sheriff's Office to let them know you will be burning. Any questions may be directed to the Clerk's Office by calling 523-4528.