The Town of Springfield's Spring Burn Permit is in effect from March 29, 2021 to May 31, 2021.
The Town of Springfield Fall Burn Permit is in effect from November 24, 2021 to December 31, 2021.
- Residents must call the Baca County Sheriff's Office before burning. 719/523-6677
- Burning is to take place only during the daytime hours (sunrise to sunset)
- Burning is for the clearing of leaves, grass, weeds or other plant materials
- Fires are to be attended at all times
- Burn in a manner to prevent a fire hazard
- Fires and embers must be extinguished prior to sunset.
Please be cautious and courteous of your neighbors and community while burning.
Take care and caution when attending to the burning of your plant materials.
NO Burning on Red Flag Warning days.